Thu, 20 Jan|
Online Zoom Event
Food & Body Freedom with Abby Doyle
Break free of diet culture and learn about the practice of eating intuitively this January!
Time & Location
20 Jan 2022, 19:30 – 20:30 GMT
Online Zoom Event
About the Event
As the new year kicks off, there is this collective force of new beginnings, regiemes and 'new year, new me'. If you look at nature at this time, everything is still and inward. Nourishing. We are nature and we are a part of that energy. However its at this time of year we can often push against ourselves and not listen to that call to go inward and for deep rest and nourishment.
We wanted to invite Abby Doyle to host a guest facilitator workshop this month, to layer in another practice of strengthening your intuition and creating a dialogue with your body through the practice of eating intuitively. Especially in a time when diet culture inparticular is at its loudest, calling us to restrict and cut out, often disconnecting us with what we need in order to thrive. Especially at a time of year that generally calls for warm nourishing foods with a higher calorie intake. When we learn to work with our bodies, not against them we can learn how to harness and optimise our energy. Creating the path of least resistance in handpicking our lives.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Introduction (incl. deep breaths and a moment of stillness to ground)
- Brief discussion of importance of the topic/learning (especially in Jan)
- The effects of diet culture/societal conditioning on how we treat our bodies' after New Year-
- Journal prompts and reflection
- What eating mindfully & intuitively is and the shift in mindset around it
- Short meditation to connect to body and reflect on current relationship/beliefs around food
- Mindful eating practice (participants will need a small piece of food such as a raisin/grape/wrapped chocolate)
- Tangible action steps to bring into daily life
**This event is included as a part of our A Handpicked Life Membership. If you are already a member you do not need to purchase a ticket. Instead, visit the Events tab on the Membership platform. A Handpicked Life is an online life and wellbeing coaching framework designed to help you gain clarity and stay on track to creating a life you love. Sign up and recieve our monthly gatherings, workshops, weekly classes and more for just £18.50 per month, Learn more.
About Your Workshop Host
Abby Doyle is a Food & Body Freedom Coach who helps women break free from diet culture, reconnect to their body and heal their relationship to food. Her work blends science and spirituality to bring a unique, grounded and holistic approach. Her background as a certified IIN health coach, meditation guide and recovered dieter provide the training, insight and personal experience to support women through their healing transition from restriction to freedom.
Online Event Ticket£12.00